Quilters Companion to relaunch with a bold new look PLUS celebrates 15 years!
As our milestone 15th year publishing the leading quilting title in Australia comes to an end, I’m writing with news of some highly anticipated developments taking place in Quilters Companion magazine from next issue — #94 on sale in December.
Quilters Companion continues to grow and highlights from the year include:
• A record readership of 106,000/issue (audited April 2018 by IPSOS EMMA Data).
• Launching the “5 part sew-along” series to drive copy sales.
• Extensive promotional work to reactivate thousands of subscribers
• Additional ranging in all Spotlight stores including Spotlight New Zealand.
• Achieving a total annual reach of 336,530 on our Facebook page.
And, to meet our commitment to constant improvement, we recently completed eight months of extensive market research into the type of content today’s quilters are looking for. The feedback was incredible and has resulted in our December issue being the first revamp of Quilters Companion since its launch!
Working closely with our experienced editor, Deborah Segaert, the below changes have been introduced to ensure Quilters Companion remains positioned as the “must-read” Australian quilting magazine and delivers better ROI for you, our advertisers and partners. The relaunch issue will be heavily promoted at news stands and we will be drawing on our marketing and distribution expertise to ensure it reaches as many new and old readers as possible.
There are some great new features below, which contain marketing opportunities, so please get in touch with Rob Jordan to be part of the relaunch issue!
1. Brand-new design – Our bold new look puts the quilts and people behind them first with a fresh palette that allows each project’s design and fabrics to shine.
2. Production – Now printed on thicker and more luxurious paper stock for a truly indulgent read.
3. The end of our DVD series – With readers asking to be able to flick through the magazine before buying it, and changes in technology meaning they mostly consume video content via online streaming rather than DVD, we’ve decided it’s the right time to say goodbye to our DVD series and bagging of the magazine to increase copy sales.
4. Adding 16 more pages and 4 new feature sections!
a. Travel – Our new armchair travel feature will leave you exhausted as you visit some of the top places for quilt and textile aficionados from around the world.
b. Fabrics, fabrics, fabrics! – Discover the latest fabric releases and their designers to keep your stash piled high.
c. Block master class – We teach you how to hand and machine piece some of the most famous blocks and show you a gallery of quilts
made with each specific block to inspire you with the different ways it can be used.
d. Home shopping – Each issue, we take an in-depth look at an essential product to help you make decisions with confidence. We’ll start with everything you need to know about batting — the lightest, warmest, best drape, least bearding and more.
Universal Media Co
Quilters Companion magazine is published by Universal Media Co, which also owns Australian Homespun magazine. We remain committed to creating engaging and bestselling media for crafters and look forward to bringing you our much-loved Quilters Companion in this stronger format and working closely with you in 2019.
For more information, please contact Quilter’s Companion Editor, Emma Perera at email@example.com